Ever wondered what the impact of home based learning is in Washington State? Turns out that OSPI provides the reported data…if you know where to look. We found the source and have prepared this report for your reading pleasure. In this analysis we focus on ten (10) school districts in Southwest Washington. The data in our spreadsheet includes every district in the State so you could do this for your own area if you choose. We’re happy to provide our spreadsheet template if you want it..just drop us a note. 2013vs2017Home-basedReport
So what do we have and what does it mean? The table we constructed is below but here are the highlights:
- The total number of students is small but growing!
- Part-time attendance is climbing with more and more parents choosing to mix physical attendance with online and home teaching
- There are a growing number of resources:
- …..OSPI offers this guidance for those home schooling: http://www.k12.wa.us/privateed/homebaseded/default.aspx
- …..The Washington Home School Organization offers support: http://washhomeschool.org/
- …..The Home School Mom bring together a hose of materials: https://www.thehomeschoolmom.com/
- …..For those looking for course credit to home school (and be certified): https://www.christianheritageonline.org/events/homeschool-start-to-finish-seminars-parent-qualifying-courses/
Do you home school and if so why?
Are you interested in home based learning? Why?
Any suggestions for expanding our content?
We would love to get your true life experiences and let us share them.