There are a number of issues up for consideration during this election cycle. Where do the candidates stand on CRT? Common Core? CSE? Masks? Vaccination of children? Funding?
These races are all non-partisan so political parties are not intended to be part of the discussion. However, there are some philosophical differences. Namely, are the candidates positions more liberal or conservative? Do they believe in the Feds/State telling parents what to do and how to do it or are they for local control and parental choice? Do school board directors believe they can take stands against mandates or do they believe their hands are tied?
We’ve gone through the list of candidates and looked for those we believe are for parental rights, taking a stand against mandates, against CRT and CSE and have issues with mandatory masking. This is our view only. Please take the time to review the candidates yourself and then vote. Given that less than 1/3rd of eligible voters actually vote your vote is worth 3 people. Use it. You will notice there are several districts not listed. We couldn’t get enough information to get a sense of where those candidates stand. They chose not to respond to questions. In many cases they are incumbents running for reelection or they had no opponent so they didn’t answer. So we skipped those.
Woodland School District –
- Position 4 we recommend Trish Huddleston http://www.swweducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Trish_Huddleston_Woodland_Survey_Response.pdf
Ridgefield School District –
- Position 5 we recommend Chantel Nash http://www.swweducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Nash-Chantel.pdf
Battle Ground School District –
- Position 3 we recommend Ted Champine http://www.swweducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/SWW_Survey_TC.pdf
- Position 5 we recommend Jenny Price http://www.swweducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/SWW_Survey_JP.pdf
- Position 1 We recommend either Chloe Seppala (http://www.swweducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/SWW_Survey_CS.pdf) or Mary Snitly (https://www.lifepac.org/ss1/2021/snitily.htm)
Evergreen School District –
- Position 1 we recommend Mike Appel http://www.swweducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Mike_Appel_EvergreenSD_Survey_Responses.pdf
- Position 5 We recommend Amanda Breck http://www.swweducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Mike_Appel_EvergreenSD_Survey_Responses.pdf
Vancouver School District –
- Position 2 we recommend Michelle Belkot http://www.swweducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/SWW_Survey_MB.pdf
- Position 3 We recommend Jorge Bailey http://www.swweducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/SWW_Survey_JB.pdf
Camas School District –
- Position 1 we recommend Ernie Geigenmiller http://www.swweducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Geigenmiller-Ernie.pdf
- Position 2 we recommend Jeremiah Chevrolet Stephen
Washougal School District –
- Position 3 we recommend Sadie McKenzie http://www.swweducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/McKenzie-Sadie.pdf
- Position 5 we recommend Janice D’Aloia http://www.swweducation.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/DAloi-Janice.pdf
To us these candidates embody compassion, fiscal responsibility, conservative values and a willingness to stand up and be heard. They will listen to the community and support what the parents, taxpayers, grandparents and voters want. Please take the time get to know them. Reach out, contact them and ask questions. They will make a difference.